The holiday season is fast approaching.
The holiday season is fast approaching. That means, colder weather, cozy knitted sweaters and a lot more comfort foods! This time of year always brings a harvest of fresh vegetables that are ideal for fall recipes. We figured why not share a delicious and hearty vegetable soup recipe that will help you warm up as we enter the cold winter months? At Greeniche we are all about incorporating natural ingredients as often as possible. Our bodies thrive off of plants and we are here to reap the benefits! There are so many different ways to incorporate these natural ingredients to your favourite dishes. Smoothies, baked goods, and soups are all great ways that you can sneak in some extra nutrients without even noticing the difference. Today we are sharing our Greeniche Moringa Powder to help you sneak in those extra nutrients. Moringa powder is a powder that is made from the Moringa Oleifera plant and is sometimes referred to as the Miracle Tree. Moringa Powder has long been admired for its medicinal properties. Packed with protein, fibre and iron, Moringa Powder is a powerful antioxidant that is beneficial for all diets including vegan and vegetarian diets. We love how versatile this superfood powder can be! In fact, just one cup of the leaves from the Moringa Oleifera plant contains more Vitamin C than an orange. This is impressive because our bodies cannot actually produce this vitamin on their own, we need to get it through the foods we eat. Vitamin C may be good for prevention against diseases like diabetes, heart disease and help to manage high blood pressure. Taking this superfood powder daily may help to detoxify the body, boost energy levels, and increase focus while boosting the immune system. I don’t know about you, but higher energy levels are something that I can get on board with!
Get cozy with this superfood soup recipe made with Greeniche Moringa Powder!
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups brown lentils, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper (less or more to taste) or a dash of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, add more or less to your liking
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 5 asparagus beans, cut into inch-size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup packed moringa leaves
- 1 teaspoon Greeniche moringa, powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon powder ginger
- 1 smoked turkey leg or your choice of smoked meat, optional
- parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add garlic and sauté 2 minutes longer.
Add the water or vegetable broth. If you’re making a vegetarian dish, then add vegetable broth or water. If you are going to add smoked meats like turkey or pork, this would be the time to add them to the pot.
Add 1 can diced tomatoes. I love to use the diced tomatoes that have the Italian seasonings already in it, although I add those as well.
Add in lentils, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chili powder, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and add more seasonings to your liking.
After simmering for 35 minutes, add the moringa leaves and powder.
Add the asparagus beans or your choice of green beans.
Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets and simmer for 10 more minutes.
If the liquid becomes too low, add about a half cup more water or broth if you have it. Stir in the lemon juice. After 40 minutes, it should have the consistency of a thick stew. As the soup rests, the lentils soak up more of the broth.
Plus, get free shipping when you purchase a 12 pack of 60ml Greeniche Hand Sanitizer!